Monday, May 24, 2010

TrueBluePyro's Blog!!!

G'day everyone!

Welcome to my new blog, I hope to use this a lot and keep everyone up to date.

So a small story about my self... I am a fellow Australian (No Duh..) and I love pyrotechnics. You can't legally buy fireworks here so I make my own. I think my pyro craze really started when I was grade one (around 6 years old) when some mates of mine at school made some fountains with broken up sparklers for the end of year school break up (yes the school allowed it, I live in the middle of no where lol.) After that I found out about the internet and found 'smoke bomb' videos and that they can be simply made with sugar and potassium nitrate. I got my hands on some kno3 and used the lot making smoke bombs which I thought was pretty cool. After that I found out you could make black powder just with kno3, sulfur, and charcoal.

I went off and made my own charcoal and bought some sulfur from the hardware and also got a mortar and pestle and some scales. Ground it all up and got my first black powder :). granulated it and made some crappy 'triangle' firecrackers otherwise known as polumna firecrackers or Mexican style firecrackers. and my addiction progressed from there.

OK, that's my life story... I'm away from pyro at the moment and am getting some serious pyro withdrawals lol. Once I get back, I will have some great stuff for you guys!

Cheers and stay green everyone,
TrueBluePyro

No comments:

Post a Comment